DATES (KHAJOOR) CAKE
1 cup de-seeded dates (khajoor)
2 teacups refined flour (maida)
1 cup sugar
½ cup refined oil
1 cup milk
¼ cup thick curds
2 level teaspoons cooking soda
I tsp. vanilla essence
Rosted walnuts and chocolate syrup
• Sieve the flour and soda together and keep aside.
• Place the rest of the ingredients (except the essence) into a blender. Turn on the blender till the dates are well blended and the
mixture begins to look fluffy.
• Pour the blended mixture into a bowl. Add the vanilla essence and fold in the flour gradually until it is well mixed. To get a dropping consistency, add a little more milk. Keep some flour aside for dusting the cake dish.
• Spread some oil or butter evenly on all the inner sides of the cake dish and dust with flour evenly. Do not touch with your hands.
• Pour the cake mixture into the dish and bake in a pre- heated oven at 200 degree C for 15-20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 150 degree C and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the cake leaves the sides of the tin.
• Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
• Garnish with roasted walnuts and chocolate syrup.