Thanks to technology life in kitchen is easy and savouries can be turned out in a jiffy. Let us get set cooking with some delicious vegetarian starter recipes!
OPEN TOASTED SANDWICH
6 pieces whole wheat bread
One cup yoghurt cream
One cup grated vegetables (carrot, beetroot, cauliflower or any vegetable of your choice)
One teaspoon green chilly/ginger paste
Few drops of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make yoghurt cream drain two cups of curds in a muslin cloth for a few hours. The drained portion is “yoghurt cream”. Add salt and pepper, chilly/ginger paste to this and beat it to a smooth consistency.
2. Add salt to the grated vegetables..
3. Take one bread slice; spread the yoghurt cream with a butter knife on one side, and sprinkle the grated veggies evenly. over this.
4. Repeat for the remaining slices.
5. Heat a non stick pan and sprinkle few drops of olive oil on it.
6. Place the slice, with the vegetable filling facing upwards on the pan..(one or two slices depending on the size of the pan).
7. Reduce the flame to medium and keep moving the slices around till the under side is brown. Gently flip the browned bread slice over, taking care not to spill the vegetables.
8. Add 2/3 more drops of olive oil around the slice till this side is also browned evenly. .
9. Cut into triangles and serve hot with tomato sauce. .