The World Culture Festival 2016 is a celebration of the Art of Living’s 35 years of service to humanity. The festival will bring together people from different cultures, nations, and faiths as a one world family in a resounding message of peace.
But there are few known & unknown facts about this cultural extravaganza called the World Culture Festival.
- Over 35,000 artists will showcase different art forms through 66 performances.
- The World’s largest symphony with 8,500 musicians with 50 musical instruments, nine compositions will be led by Chitra Roy, a name synonymous with excellence in music.
- Enacting the palanquin procession from the Vari, these 600 Mridangam players will add rhythm to the chanting of the various hyms sung and played during the Vari.
- Under the choreographic direction of Padma Vibhushan Pt Birju Maharaj, the living legend of Kathak, 1700 dancers will present to you the sounds of nature.
- Patricia Sosa, the famous Argentine singer; and the members of the So What Project! Who conduct ‘Yoga Rave’, with more than 500 musicians gracing the stage dressed in colourful ponchos, playing drums and guitar.
- 1500 Garba dancers will leave you applauding for more.
- The 1250 Mohinis will perform Mohiniattam
- A storm of 60 Kathakali dancers, known for their large and elaborate makeup and costumes, will take to the stage and enact a story from the Legend of King Mahabali.
- The 200+ drummers will help you unite with the rhythm of life, helping you connect with Mother Earth.
- 1250 dancers will present before you Dashavatar, a famous piece of Odissi Dance on the ten
incarnations of Vishnu.
- The 370 performers before you will dance to the Samala beat – a rhythm expressing celebration with a touch of romance. This is a dance from Sikkim and Darjeeling
- 1150 Dhangars beat their drums as they echos the Mother Nature.
- The team of 150 artists will present Brahmastra that features an episode from the Ramakien,
the Thai epic adapted from the Indian epic Ramayana
- Naadswaram is a classical instrument; while listening to these 50 charmers; the rhythm will draw you into the exotic strains of !
- 1150 Bhangra dancers dancing to Dhol (Drums), Alghoza (a pair of woodwind instruments), and Girdha will get your prana flowing.
- 1150 Panthi dancers will perform before you to carry you away into devotion with their unique steps and rhythms.
- The 300 vibrant, soulful, Russian dancers warm up the stage!
- 60 Kiwis will lend their voices in a chorus to a song that speaks on the importance of self-reflection, that we are essentially one spirit experiencing human birth.
- 75 dancers will bring to you a combination from Bali and Batavia dance
- 125 Mongolians do the Biyelgee– the dance movements which symbolically express aspects of Mongolian herders’ everyday lifestyle
- Kathak rangayan : Under the choreography of Padma Vibhushan Pt Birju Maharaj, 1700 dancers will present sound of nature.
- Bharatnatyam : Oldest, most traditional classical dance style 1700 dancers describing Shiva and praising Guru!
- The performance by 138 artists from Japan is a wonderful combination depicting acrobats and cheerleading.
- Latin fire for peace! Mix of traditional latin folk rhythms from Native aboriginal chants to Afro Latin music by Ignacio Escribano, Particia Sosa, Yoga rave and more than 500 musicians playing drums n guitar!
See You There !!