The month of Magashar is the latter half of Hemant. The cold weather begins with the coming of Kartik and reaches its climax in Magashar. Our internal organs dry up due to the intense cold leading to loss of energy. In order to compensate for this loss Ayurveda recommends fatty and sweet foods.
Whenever there are warning signs of any disease due to seasonal changes, it becomes necessary to diagnose and cure those diseases in the human body. Our festivals are, as we have seen, meant to achieve this. Fortunately, the month of Magashar is not a month of diseases. That is the reason why there are few festivals during this month.
Tomatoes, sugar cane, Jujubes, egg plant, Palak greens, raw turmeric, wheat etc. when consumed increase blood and energy.
• Spinach 250 gms
• Milk cream 1 tsp
• Black pepper powder 2-3 pinch or as per taste
• Rock salt 1/2 tsp or as per taste
• Garlic crushed (Optional) 1/4 tsp
• Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
• Cow ghee 1 tsp
• Clean and wash Spinach.
• Steam for 2 – 4 minutes
• Grind steamed spinach and cream in a grinder into a fine paste.
• Heat ghee in a pan add,cumin seeds and crushed garlic.
• Add 1 cup water and black pepper powder and boil.
• Now add pureed spinach and cook for 2 minutes, add salt and turn off the gas.
Serve hot 🙂