The month of Magashar is the latter half of Hemant. The cold weather begins with the coming of Kartik and reaches its climax in Magashar. Our internal organs dry up due to the intense cold leading to loss of energy. In order to compensate for this loss Ayurveda recommends fatty and sweet foods.
Whenever there are warning signs of any disease due to seasonal changes, it becomes necessary to diagnose and cure those diseases in the human body. Our festivals are, as we have seen, meant to achieve this. Fortunately, the month of Magashar is not a month of diseases. That is the reason why there are few festivals during this month.
Tomatoes, sugar cane, Jujubes, egg plant, Palak greens, raw turmeric, wheat etc. when consumed increase blood and energy.
• Water chesnut(Fresh Shingada) 100 gms
• Milk 1/2 cup
• Black pepper 2-3 pinch
• Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
• Water 1/2 or 1 cup
• Steam water chesnut.
• Grind with milk into a fine puree.
• In a pan add water and black pepper powder and boil .
• Add water chestnut puree and cook it for 2-4 minutes.
• Add salt and turn off the gas.
Serve hot. You can also garnish this soup with steamed vegetables pieces.