The month of Magashar is the latter half of Hemant. The cold weather begins with the coming of Kartik and reaches its climax in Magashar. Our internal organs dry up due to the intense cold leading to loss of energy. In order to compensate for this loss Ayurveda recommends fatty and sweet foods.
Whenever there are warning signs of any disease due to seasonal changes, it becomes necessary to diagnose and cure those diseases in the human body. Our festivals are, as we have seen, meant to achieve this. Fortunately, the month of Magashar is not a month of diseases. That is the reason why there are few festivals during this month.
Tomatoes, sugar cane, Jujubes, egg plant, Palak greens, raw turmeric, wheat etc. when consumed increase blood and energy.
WHEAT OJASVITA CAKE
Wheat flour 1 cup
Rock sugar powdered 3/4 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
Ojasvita 1 tbsp
Coco powder 1 tbsp
Cinnamon 1/4 tsp
Soda bi carbonate 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
• Sieve wheat flour, cocoa powder,soda bi carbonate and baking powder
• In a deep bowl add milk, powdered sugar and ojas vita. Whisk with an egg beater for 5 minutes.
• Add sieved flour and whisk for a further 10 minutes.
• Pour this cake batter into a steel bowl.
• Steam this in a steamer for 20 minutes. Run a thin knife into it and check if cooked. The knife should come out clean.
• Cool and cut into pieces.